Gain an in-sight and deep understanding of what is blockchain technology and how it really works (beyond the hype!) This course provides a wide overview of distributed systems, alternative consensus mechanisms, cryptoeconomics, proof-of-stake, fundamental applications of bitcoin and blockchain technology.
According to TechCrunch, blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest growing in today’s labor market, currently with 14 job openings for every 1 blockchain developer.
What you will learn
- Synthesize your own blockchain solutions
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the specific mechanics of Bitcoin
- Understand Bitcoin’s real-life applications and learn how to attack and destroy Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts and Dapps, and alternatives to Bitcoin’s Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm
- Enterprise-level blockchain implementations and understand the scaling struggles of blockchain and potential solutions
- The regulation of cryptocurrencies and its implications for anonymity, and what blockchain means for the future
NO prior experience in IT or blockchain is required. Anyone with basic IT skills and interest can enroll in this course.
- Online, Self-paced
- Duration: 3-months
- Language: English
- Course Materials: Yes
- Videos: Yes
- Assessments: Yes
- Fees: $198 (Incl. Certificate)
This professional certificate course is self-paced and covers 2-main areas.
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain Technology
Course developed by
University of California, Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Berkeley faculty consists of 1,582 full-time and 500 part-time faculty members dispersed among more than 130 academic departments and more than 80 interdisciplinary research units. Berkeley alumni have received 28 Nobel prizes, and there are eight Nobel Laureates, 32 MacArthur Fellows, and four Pulitzer Prize winners among the current faculty.
Lead Instructor, University of California, Berkeley
Instructor, University of California, Berkeley
Instructor, University of California, BerkeleyX
Disclaimer: BlockchainAcademy.asia is in partnership with University of California, Berkeley and edX. Enrolling into the course is free. If you decide to upgrade and get the Professional Certificate, we may receive a commission from the university.