Blockchain technology has already begun to disrupt and transition many different business models across the globe. Some of the most predominant effects of blockchain is happening right now in the banking and financial sector. But apart from finance, blockchain is also changing many other industries and the way they operate. For example, supply chain tracking, real estate transaction processing, healthcare, retail, shipping, gaming and even government.
This course aspires to teach you not only what is blockchain, but will drill you with the necessary skillsets and real-world use cases for you to see blockchain technology and its implementation from a business perspective.
What You Will Learn
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies to audiences with varying experience
- Blockchain impact and potential for change around the world
- Demonstrate some of the immediate blockchain use cases in technology, business, and enterprise products and institutions
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases
This is a professional certification program from The Linux Foundation. It consists of 2-courses offered via our platform partner, edX. The course is free to pursue but in order to prove your skills, you should aim to get a Verified Certificate. This entire course is conducted online via interactive videos and is self paced.
3-4 hours p/week (14-weeks)Understand exactly what a blockchain is, its impact and potential for change around the world, and analyze use cases in technology, business and enterprise products and institutions. Welcome & Introduction Chapter 1. Introduction to Blockchain
- This section covers some of the technical aspects that comprise a blockchain and explain why blockchain is different and “works” in comparison with technologies of the past.
- This section covers the various methods of blockchain governance that currently exist in the marketplace as well as how consensus fits into governance. It also covers various levels of governance and how it works with both public and permissioned blockchains.
- This section takes a look at the very specific features of blockchain that solve problems that have been difficult to solve in the past with more centralized architectures.
- This section covers various use cases of blockchain. It examines the problem, and then depicts a blockchain use case that solves the problem.
3-4 hours p/week (14-weeks)A primer to blockchain, distributed ledgers and Hyperledger technologies.
- Welcome & Introduction
- Discovering Blockchain Technologies
- Introduction to Hyperledger
- Hyperledger Frameworks
- Hyperledger Tools
- The Promise of Business Blockchain Technologies
- Final Exam
- By Linux
- Online self-paced
- Free Path
- NO Certificate
- 30-days access only
- Verified Path
- Certificate signed by Linux
- Graded assessment
- Unlimited access
Enroll In This Course
Not one, but thirteen of the best from The Linux Foundation will be guiding you in this course. Learn from the best!
Get a Verified Cert
This course is free to pursue. However, to get a Microsoft signed certificate, you will need to pay $99. Get a 10-15% discount when you enroll today.
Click Enroll and choose the Verified Path. This course is delivered on edX. A professional certificate from Microsoft will surely boost your profile.